2025年2月

转自电报频道:

You never fully know whether you are in the right direction in life, but there are signs that you are in the wrong direction:

  1. You are unhappy with your life and blame it on your country, your relationships, your job.
  2. You have less and less time to read even though you love books.
  3. You are reactive and get angry at things that shouldn't bother you that much.
  4. You have less and less time to maintain a healthy lifestyle and feel insecure about it.
  5. You chase a lot, but don't attract much.
  6. You spend a lot of time worrying about a lot of things that, ten years from now, will obviously not matter.
  7. You always have a good excuse to avoid paying the price that will get you where you want to be.
  8. No one cares about you, because you never cared about anyone else.
  9. You have less and less time to be creative at all, everything you do is transactional and financial.
  10. The years pass, you are getting older, but your anxiety doesn't dissipate, you don't feel mentally stronger, you don't feel more deeply connected to who you truly want to be.

Hmm, fuck every thing?

Hmm, don’t choose to know people like this, or be one.

你永远不会完全知道自己的人生方向是否正确,但有些迹象表明你的人生方向是错误的:

  1. 你对自己的生活不满意,并将其归咎于国家、人际关系和工作。
  2. 你越来越没有时间读书,尽管你热爱书籍。
  3. 你反应迟钝,对一些本不应该困扰你的事情感到愤怒。
  4. 你越来越没有时间保持健康的生活方式,并为此感到不自信。
  5. 你追逐的东西很多,但吸引不了多少。
  6. 你花了很多时间担心很多事情,而这些事情在十年后显然已经不重要了。
  7. 你总是有很好的借口来逃避付出代价,以达到你想要的目标。
  8. 没人关心你,因为你从未关心过别人。
  9. 你越来越没有时间发挥创造力,你所做的一切都是为了交易和经济。
  10. 岁月流逝,你越来越老,但你的焦虑并没有消散,你没有感觉到精神上更强大,你没有感觉到与你真正想成为的人有更深的联系。

嗯,去他妈的一切?

嗯,不要选择认识这样的人,也不要成为这样的人。

通过DeepL.com(免费版)翻译

A Simple Truth About Writing 关于写作的简单事实
11 Feb, 2025 2025年2月11日

转自:https://andysblog.uk/a-simple-truth-about-writing/

Years ago, I was teaching a class of business students.
几年前,我正在教一类商务专业的学生。

Bright young minds, full of big words and complex theories.
聪明的年轻人,充满了大词和复杂的理论。

One student showed me his work. It was stuffed with industry jargon and elaborate explanations.
一个学生向我展示了他的工作。它塞满了行业术语和精心设计的解释。

I asked him, "What are you really trying to say?"
我问他:“你真的想说什么?”

He stared at me blankly.
他茫然地凝视着我。

"Just tell me in plain English. Like you'd tell a friend in a pub."
“只要用简单的英语告诉我。就像你会在酒吧里告诉朋友一样。”

His face lit up. He explained his idea in simple, clear terms.
他的脸照亮了。他用简单明了的话解释了他的想法。

It was brilliant. 太好了。

See, we all do this. We think we need to sound clever. Important. Sophisticated.
看,我们都这样做。我们认为我们需要听起来很聪明。重要的。复杂的。

But that's not writing. That's hiding.
但这不是写作。那是隐藏的。

Real writing is saying what you actually think. Not what you think you should think. Not what you think others want to hear.
真实的写作说您的实际想法。不是您认为应该想的。不是您认为别人想听的。

Just your thoughts. Raw. Honest. Direct.
只是你的想法。生的。诚实的。直接的。

Look at any great writer. Hemingway. Orwell. They didn't hide behind fancy words.
看一位伟大的作家。海明威。奥威尔。他们没有躲在花哨的话语后面。

They just said what they thought.
他们只是说了他们的想法。

And that's the thing about thoughts. Everyone has them. But most people are too scared to write them down.
这就是关于思想的事情。每个人都有他们。但是大多数人太害怕写下来了。

They worry about being judged. About being wrong. About looking stupid.
他们担心被审判。关于错。关于看起来很愚蠢。

But here's the truth: The only stupid writing is pretend writing.
但这是事实:唯一愚蠢的写作是假装写作。

When you write what you really think, you can't be wrong. It's your thought. Your perspective. Your truth.
当您写自己的想法时,就不会错。这是你的想法。您的观点。你的真相。

And that's what people connect with.
这就是人们的联系。

Not the clever words. 不是聪明的话。
Not the complex theories.
不是复杂的理论。
Just the simple truth of what you think.
只是您想法的简单真理。

Try it sometime. 尝试一下。

Write exactly what's in your head.
准确地写下你的脑海。
No filters. 没有过滤器。
No fancy words. 没有花哨的话。
Just your thoughts. 只是你的想法。

You might be surprised at how good it feels. And how good it reads.
您可能会对它的感觉感到惊讶。以及它的阅读方式。

That's all writing really is.
这就是写作的确。
Everything else is just decoration.
其他一切都是装饰。